Due to expansion, GDS are currently recruiting for Technical Account Manager (Rock Specialist).
Job Title: Technical Account Manager - Rock Mechanics Specialist (Full Time)
Purpose of the role:
GDS Instruments is a world leader in providing laboratory equipment for the testing of soils and soft rocks. The Company has recently developed a range of rock mechanics test equipment and is looking for an enthusiastic professional to take GDS deeper into the rock mechanics segment of the global civil engineering industry. The successful candidate would be likely to undertake travel to conferences and visit customers as they develop a strategic plan for marketing GDS in the sector of rock mechanics, as well as the product range and the approach to the most important aspect of working for GDS – the success of our customers.
The Rock Mechanics Account Manager will be responsible for all direct and indirect sales in their geographic region, potentially worldwide. They may write white papers and establish relationships with customers enhanced by shared publications. You will be responsible for driving new business development in line with company targets/objectives, providing quotations and managing enquiries generated from existing customers and channel partners.
Experience of selling into a similar environment, or have experience either using rock mechanics equipment in a laboratory is expected.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Either previous experience within a Sales Account Manager role or a technical background are essential.
- Degree educated or higher (Civil Engineering, Geotechnical, Geology, Mining, Mechanical Engineering).
- Rock mechanics experience and knowledge of the industry is an advantage.
- Highly developed communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- High attention to detail and ability to achieve high levels of accuracy.
- Be professional in your approach with the ability to liaise and communicate at all levels.
- Good generic IT skills.
- Commercial and contractual awareness.
- Good organisational and administrative characteristics.
- Must be proactive and have the ability to multitask proficiently.
- Experience of Sage CRM would be beneficial but is not essential.
- Have good interpersonal and team working skills.
For all enquires please contact Denise Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org