There is currently one vacancy at GDS.
Job Title: Geotechnical Support Engineer
Role Type: Full Time
Department: Technical Support Pool (TRP)
Location: Hook, Hampshire, UK.
The role of Geotechnical Support Engineer is a vital customer facing role where the engineer will be an ambassador for GDS working in the office and in customer laboratories internationally. In addition to having a good understanding of GDS equipment and its operation the role demands a high standard of personal presentation and excellent communication skills. The role is varied and requires the appointee to be organised, methodical, keen to handle multiple tasks and flexible in their approach to work.
Responsibilities May Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Minimum graduate level Civil/Geotechnical Engineer or similar, ideally with some experience in soil mechanics/geotechnical lab testing. Experience of writing papers or other technical literature an advantage.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills in English, both oral and written.
- Ability to quickly learn in-house developed software packages.
- A basic understanding and confidence to work with electronic/electrical components and systems.
- Ability to think logically and problem solve software, mechanical and electrical issues.
- The capability to independently manage time and prioritise work whilst maintaining agreed deadlines.
- A flexible approach to work and be prepared to work with any member of the team.
- The desire to learn new ideas and concepts.
- Experience of Microsoft office for report writing and scientific data interpretation.
Please note: We have a legal responsibility to ensure that all our workers and employees have the legal right to live and work in the UK. For non-EU residents, if you are invited to an interview, you will be asked to bring with your original copies of documentation that provides evidence of your right to live and work in the UK.