Due to recent expansion GDS have the current vacancy.
- Geotechnical Support Engineer
Job Title: Geotechnical Support Engineer
Department: TRP (Technical Resource Pool)
Role Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Hook, Hampshire
The role of TRP Engineer is a vital customer facing role where the engineer will be an ambassador for GDS working in the office and in customer laboratories internationally. In addition to having a good understanding of GDS equipment and its operation the role demands a high standard of personal presentation and excellent communication skills. The role is varied and requires the appointee to be organised, methodical, keen to handle multiple tasks and flexible in their approach to work.
Main Duties are, but are not limited to:
- Preparation and maintenance of product manuals.
- System assembly and QA testing for customer orders ready for shipment.
- In-house testing and calibration of products and systems.
- Preparation, maintenance and implementation of internal testing procedures.
- De-bug and problem solve issues with customer systems and products both at GDS and from the field via phone/email support.
- Recording and updating of documentation associated with QA and customer orders.
- Supporting non-technical staff at GDS.
- Installation of GDS equipment and the provision of any associated training at customers’ premises both internationally and in the UK.
- Minimum graduate level Civil/Geotechnical Engineer or similar, ideally with some experience in lab testing. Experience of writing papers or other technical literature an advantage.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills in English, both oral and written.
- Ability to quickly learn in-house developed software packages.
- A basic understanding and confidence to work with electronic/electrical components and systems.
- Ability to think logically and problem solve software, mechanical and electrical issues.
- The capability to independently manage time and prioritise work whilst maintaining agreed deadlines.
- A flexible approach to work and be prepared to work with any member of the team.
- The desire to learn new ideas and concepts.
- Experience of Microsoft office for report writing and scientific data interpretation.
If you are interested in applying for this role please email Denise Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org. NO AGENCIES.