GDS are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and dynamic apprentice to join our growing company in the Production Team. We are the world leaders in computer controlled testing systems for Geotechnical engineering and work to extremely high standards of quality.
The role is varied and will include working within our Production Team on Electro-mechanical assembling projects, electronic circuitry and pcb’s, fault finding and diagnosis, electrical wiring and assemblies, and a wide range of testing, QA and calibration on various types of transducers and equipment.
Our goal is to develop an apprentice who can work towards assisting the Production Manager in leading the Production team into the future as we continue to grow.
Main Duties would be:
- Practical production based within our Production team and learning the following skills:
- Electronics - Fault finding and diagnosis, surface mount pcb modification
- Looming and crimping of cables
- Electro-mechanical assembling – wiring, sub-assemblies, belts and pulleys
- Commissioning and tuning of machines
- Box building of electrical equipment
- Transducer wiring and calibration
- Pressure vessel assembling and pressure testing
- Environmental temperature testing – heating and cooling systems
- Hydraulics – plumbing and testing
- QA – testing equipment to specific customer requirements
We can offer:
Learning through on the job training from highly qualified and experienced staff from all areas of the company. We have RAE and REME trained staff to learn from and work within a friendly environment with nearly 50 staff over a wide range of ages. Our Technical lead has a PhD in Electronics and we have 2 other PhD staff full support through the learning process with a willingness to help you succeed