Careers at GDS Instruments
GDS are constantly looking for talented individuals to join the team. Currently there is one vacancy at their offices in Hook, Hampshire.
- QA/Installation Engineer - (NO AGENCIES)
The role of QA/Installation Engineer is a vital customer facing role where the person appointed will be an ambassador for GDS. In addition to having a good understanding of GDS equipment and its operation the role demands a high standard of personal presentation and excellent communication skills. The post reports directly to the Operations Manager and includes the following:
- In house testing and calibration of products and systems.
- Assemble and test customer systems and equipment prior to shipment to ensure they are fit for purpose and comply with the high standard of finish and operation expected of GDS.
- De-bug and problem solve issues with customer systems and products while at GDS and from the field via phone/email support.
- Preparation, update and maintenance of internal procedures and customer manuals.
- Recording and updating of documentation associated with QA and customer orders.
- Installation of GDS equipment and the provision of any associated training at customers’ premises both internationally and in the UK.
- Minimum graduate level Civil/Geotechnical Engineer or similar, ideally with some experience in lab testing.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills in English, both oral and written.
- The capability to independently manage time and prioritise work whilst maintaining agreed deadlines.
- A flexible approach to work and be prepared to work with any member of the team
- The desire to learn new ideas and concepts.
- Experience of Microsoft office for report writing and scientific data interpretation.
- Ability to quickly learn in-house developed software packages.
- A basic understanding and confidence to work with electronic/electrical components and systems.
- Ability to think logically and problem solve software, mechanical and electrical issues.
For more information and to apply for any of the above roles please contact Denise Rogers at email@example.com